Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Tess-nater!

Here is my Tess-Tess (Tessy). The little gal I adopted this January from the Humaine Society. It's kind of funny how I got her. I kept seeing her picture pop up on Pet Finder and I kept thinking... "Poor kitty, she's got such an ugly little face." Which is totally not me. I think most all kitties are just adorable. I went to the shelter where she was placed to look at a different cat and noticed that Tessy was there. "Little Miss Ugly Face" was in the shelter that I was at and wasn't as ugly as I had originally thought, just "unique". I wasn't at all interested in her but for some reason she kept pawing at me through the cage and "talking". I finally said "Aww momma kitty you aren't the cutest thing here but you sure are a sweet lil' chubby gal!" So I opened the cage and she practically malled me trying to get me to pet her. I couldn't hardly stand how she acted like she was trying to charm me into taking her because of how much she hated her little cage (at least that's my thinking on the whole ordeal weither that was what she was doing or not). So I asked the lady at the shelter if she knew anything about her and she said she was approx. 4 and a half years old and that they had had her for a long time (people tend to take the kittens and things before the "old" cats and I'm sure the ugly picture that she took didn't help).
I looked at Tessy long and hard and thought you know what... I have always been a sucker for the runt of the litter, the ugly ones and the ones who will probably get picked last and thought.... this is my golden gal. And boy was I ever right!!! This cat is my best buddy. I absolutely love her to pieces. She has quickly become another "child" of our family. I wasn't sure I would ever get over losing my little Dori-Bug kitty because I tried and tried to find a ringer for her but Tess has slowly helped me learn to love her for her. And her personality makes her absolutley GORGEOUS!
(Tess-Tess getting ready to help me cut out binder covers.)

(Peeking at the fabrics and tape measure.... "Hmmm... that looks fun...", thinks Tess.

(".....so much in fact, I think I'll help....")

("....yea, that tape measure is mine!!!")
Tessy is such a mess. The little poot loves thread, yarn, dibs and dabs of fabric of all kinds. What a spoiled lil stink.
She slowly lets us know about her lifestyle from before. For the longest time she was not a "holding cat", a "petting cat"(except to lure me to her to adopt her...lol), a "more than one kitty cat" and so on. It has taken about 6 months for her to warm completely up to us. She is now a "must have me on your lap cat", "pet me all the time cat", "PLEASE PICK ME UP and hold me like a baby cat", "I'm gonna follow you everywhere you go cat", a "chitter chatter cat", but still a "don't bring another cat home after Izzy cat went to live with Nana -cat"....lol. (Izzy needed someone to play with and Tess was not letting up. She did NOT want to be friends and one of Nana's kitties went missing so her Charlie cat was lonely and Izzy and he have always loved each other dearly.....Perfect Match.)
Now, I have never given a cat canned food because it makes for uhmmm, .....disgusting potties...usually. But Tess gets "treat food" every other 2-3 days. It all started when my hubby started eatting tuna because it was better for him than all the other heart UN-healthy meats, etc. Tess would hear the can opener and that .... kind of ..."pop" the top of the can makes and would RUNNN into the kitchen. She would "talk" non-stop, circle him, paw his legs, stand on her hind legs and basically beg when she heard that sound. So I felt that after 2 weeks of this happening that there was a posibility that Tessy was fed canned food where she lived before. Once I brought a few cans home... I think I found her weakness. Chicken with gravy!!
If we eat any tuna and it's not treat food day.... Tess will let us know that she is angry with us for not letting her have some too. She "puffs"....lol. She blows out her mouth and nose and gives you a dirty look and walks off with her tail high and kitty booty shakin'!! (kind of like a kid that goes, UH! That little fast bit of air they puff out with that look on their face like.. "Oh my gosh, you never let me do aANYTHING fun!")
YOU KNOW that look.
LOL
Well, I hope you enjoyed my Kitty Chat for this week.
Tess will see ya next time!
*****

No comments: