Sunday, July 18, 2010

Bed to Bench-tastic!

I found this cute little twin sized bed at a junk shop that they sold to me for about 5 bucks. My first intention was to use it in my lil girls bedroom BUT, after it sat around for a few months I got an idea. I got a coffee table from our store, The Dusty Attic and had been moving furnature around and had accidently shoved it against the headboard. TA-DA!!! Found their new purposes! I was looking at it thinking "Oh my gosh! That would be so cute as a new bench in front of my fireplace. And there it was. So I sanded the headboard of its nasty glossy ....yuck-ness, repainted it black and placed it behind the coffee table. For now it is just placed until I decide if I want to place screws in either piece but you would never know it wasn't a fully functional bench. It is really cute and fits perfectly in front of the fireplace.
I wish I had a better pic of it. I promise I will later but for now all I could find was one of it with Izzy taking the bench over for herself. I think it's cute even if the bench isn't as noticable. If the kitty loves it... it must be cute!
*****

No comments: